Monday, January 01, 2007

My good intentions

Having spent the last few years adding my resolve to actually keep my resolutions, to my New Year resolutions list and failing miserably, I have decided to make a good intentions list this year.

I always have good intentions on New Year's eve, but it is rare that they last beyond the arrival of my stinking New Year hangover. I am wondering whether labelling them as good intentions, something that it's good to aim for, but not a strict rule, will help.

So I hereby intend to:

1. loose some weight

2. finish some WIP

3. Avoid buying more yarn until I knit what I have

4. Clean the house and finish the decorating

5. fix the garden and start to grow some food.

6. submit several designs to online mags for publication

7. avoid hangovers

8. teach my daughter to read before she starts nursery in September. hopefully this can then be used as evidence that both my kids are really bright and the older child could achieve this if the school gave him the help he needs.

9. sort through my book collection and get rid of a lot of the books I will never read again

10. Sell a lot of the books and other assorted crap in my house at a car boot sale. the money can be used to cover camp fees and yarn buying

No comments: