Thursday, January 04, 2007

What a great expereince

I find I'm often all too ready to talk about bad experiences with yarns or shops, but we expect good service and ignore completely those who give it. So I think I need to take some time out from complaining about yarns and move on to saying that I had a great experience with an online bead shop this week.

http://www.thebeadcellar.co.uk/

They have a good range of beads on an easy to navigate web site. I found exactly what I wanted and ordered on the 30th December. The order process was pretty easy to complete as well, no feeling like a performing seal. However, having been told that the associated retail outlet was closed for Christmas, I expected a week's delay. Imagine my delight when the order arrived on the 2nd January, well packaged, with a handwritten thank you on the order form.

Their prices are a considerable improvement on trying to get beads in Hobbycraft, their postage charges are just about enough to cover postage and packaging instead of the large mark-up that some outlets charge.

In short, I offer the recommendation of a happy customer and will not hesitate to use this supplier again when I want more beads for another project. I'm already starting on my venezia, a knitty pattern involving knitting beads onto wire to create napkin rings. I'm hoping to give the set as a gift to a friend as a house-warming present.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm going to be doing some beaded knitting as well! I'm lucky that we have a great bead store around here with decent prices. :)