Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Another pair finished.


Another nice, colourful pair of socks are done. I think I might have made them a little short, but doing much more rib was going to kill me.

I also think I need to stop photographing my hairy legs to show off my socks.









I've already chosen a yarn and a pattern for pair number 3. However, it has a short row toe and I'm about to start screaming at double wraps. i can't for the life of me work out how to pick up wraps without making a mess.

One nice thing today. A friend knocked on my door to give me a nessage and her kid was wearing the hat I knit him for chrimble. It fits him well, pulled right over his ears and he looked nice and warm.

My next non sock project will be caliometry. Possibly followed by hexed from the lovely woolly wormhead. She apparently gets lots of unkind comments about her designs, I've seen a few, she commented about others on the UK hand knitters yahoo group. Well, she won't get them from me. Lots of scrummy and weirdly shaped hat patterns. I can't see everyone wearing them, but there's a few I would like for myself.

1 comment:

Batty said...

Yay for purple socks on hairy legs! I get so tired of waxing and shaving and all the other stuff we do to get rid of body hair. It's such a huge waste of time because it all grows back anyway!