Monday, January 08, 2007

Thankyou

Thankyou very much to everyone who has told me, on the message boards I use, how much they like the bag pattern. Yes, I am working on some ideas that I will eventually submit to an online magazine, but not until I've got the whole process of pattern writing sorted in my head, and not until I have an idea I feel confident to produce.

I doubt I will ever be able to produce patterns for lovely jumpers such as the ones Elizabeth makes, you can see pictures of them on her blog, on the right as SABLE. However, i don't intend to start submitting something until I am comfortable that it feels right. I am only a beginner at this.

I've spent the day working on another of the bags, this time in white Sirdar Nova. Maybe look at a different embellishment for it.

i'm also planning a visit to the V&A at the end of this week. Himself finally has some time off work, so he can look after the kids for a day, while I go wandering through the museum, examine the textile exhibits and seek inspiration. if you've never looked at their site before, check it out. They like knitting. There are links here to other sites, but you can see some of their collection of vintage patterns and images from the museum's knitwear collections

No comments: