Wednesday, January 17, 2007

My second socks in progress



I saw this yarn at Ally pally from getknitted and just fell in love with it. So it is in the process of becoming modified widdershins from knitty. Modified because I didn't think my second pair was quite the place to start tiny cables and the cable itself was really weird. So I left out the cable and just did it as ribbing. I also skipped the slip stitch on the heel flap because I didn't like the way it looked in the pictures.


I should be able to finish them this evening. Started them on Saturday, not bad for a complete project, and I now know why people who knit on breaks and commutes like socks, they are very, very easy to shove in a pocket. I think I shall endeavour to keep at least one sock project on the go all the time so I've got a transportable project.

I've also been a naughty girl and ordered more yarn, this time from elann. Even adding the shipping costs, it is still half the price of the cheapest sock yarn that is easily available in the UK. And dammit, if they can ship, why can't Knitpicks. it doesn't look like the nicest self patterning yarn I've ever looked at, but ti is a very good price and is definitely tradable when it gets here if i realy don't like it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

blimey - that elann place is great... so cheap! :) must.not.buy.more.wool