Thursday, January 25, 2007

look what my mother knit



She made this for my daughter ages ago, but I've only just got round to showing it off. That's a 3.5 x 7 ft blanket, on about 6mm needles out of mohair/wool/acrylic blends that I got for almost nothing at a charity shop.

My daughter loves it, even though it's a bit itchy and insists on dragging it about the house and sleeping under it and carrying it through mud puddles in the garden.

My mother doesn't care if it gets abused, as long as it's used and not put away as something precious. So they are both happy.

3 comments:

Batty said...

That is one huge, colorful blanket! I'm glad it's getting the use and love it deserves. Your mother's patience must be nearly limitless!

Batty said...

Drat. I looked at it again. It looks like such a happy, fun blanket. Now I want one too, except I'll have to knit my own...

bloomeenee said...

Wow...thats a lot of knitting! It's gorgeous!