Sunday, December 31, 2006

Miles and miles of bloody i-cord

I think I have gone insane. I've just dreamed up several projects requiring a hell of a lot of i-cord. The first requires 70 feet, the second, gourd only knows. I'm thinking after that, I might just get tired of knitting i-cord and move onto something else.

However, it would be nice to produce a collection of patterns, working on a similar theme. I'm wondering whether to get a knitting mill before I go any further; that seems like cheating though and the knitting isn't that bad. I-cord is absolutely mindless stuff to knit, requiring little or no effort from my brain, which is good, because the brain is currently addled from lack of sleep, soon to get added assistance from some nice red wine.

Even if I don't get round to all of them atm. I have decided to write them down. I've now got an A4 size bound notepad that will make a very nice design notebook. I avoid swatching whenever possible, and don't tend to keep the swatches i make, so I don't need a folder full of page protectors. However, I do loose anything that isn't tied down, so a book that pages won't fall out of is the best move.

However, what I'm making is a secret for now because I think I might have an idea that is original and interesting enough to get published. However, I have a few more practice patterns to write out first. I should be able to write out a child's bag pattern later today.

2 comments:

Ana Petrova said...

Cheating? Cheating what? I make iCord on my knitting machine all the time and I don't consider that "cheating".

I admire your ambition to write patterns, I find it extremely difficult and don't have the patience or skill to write it down.

Good Luck

Toggle said...

Hmmmmmm.

now that sounds p[possible. An incentive to get out the knitting machine i bought over a year ago.

I like the sound of that