Tuesday, January 09, 2007

more bags



Well, these are more of the knit sections of the Ceron bag. I've just used up whatever i had sitting in the stash. On average, I'm reckoning it's taking about 2/3 of a 50g ball of wool to make each bag.

The orange looks a lot better up there on the screen than it does sitting next to me. It's a real headache inducer, however, I'm always told kids like bright colours, so I thought I'd use it up for a kid's pattern.

Apart from near mindless knitting on too small needles that has made my hands really ache, I've dyed some yarn, gone through one of my stash boxes looking for bright coloured chunky yarn and tidied it up a bit and thought quite a lot about the idea of making a boys bag pattern.

Right now, I'm thinking of something that will be threaded onto a belt, can't be lost without taking off the belt, with a oblong pouch and a flap over the top with a big chunky button on the front. however, this means either more knitting of a very tight fabric, lining with a stiff material or felting the pouch. I'm thinking about using the latter option because felting gives me the chance to use nice, loose knitting . I can reinforce the loop with some leather if it's looking loose.

What do you think of that idea?

No comments: