Saturday, April 28, 2007

knit a river








I know that many people donated squares towards the water aid knit a river project. This is nearly complete with the march through London to attempt to increase awareness about lack of clean water for so many people, happening on the 12th may.

I went along to one of the sewing up sessions today at water aid's London HQ. They have recieved 60,000 knitted and crocheted squares. When the project was first suggested they weren't expecting more than a few hundred and have been absolutely astounded by the response from around the world. I don't think they will underestimate the generosity and compassion of knitters again.

There are more pics on my flickr account, but I didn't want to stick up too many here and and make it unviewable for anyone on dialup.

No comments: