Tuesday, April 03, 2007

finished....

Finished the sock swatch and knit most of the swatch for the pattern last night. The knitting is moving far slower than I would like. Not sure I will be getting the knitting part of my challenge done at all with the rate I'm moving at. Guess I'm doing a lot of stuff other than knitting atm that is keeping me busy, but I'll have to do that at home as well to keep up with the resy of my challenge.

Went to a farm butcher today. Good, properly hung meat for less than I pay for cheap, crap with added water in London. So I just bought £50 worth to fill my freezer. I also bought a sack of potatoes and I'll get some other veg on my way home tomorrow.

Girlchild liked going to the butcher, because they keep peacocks there and it's mating season for them I guess, because there are males with the beautiful tails, trying to make friends with anything that moves.

Beach again this afternoon I think. It's a nice day, kids get a walk on the beach and to play in sand. I'll get my daily exercise trying to get them off the beach after an hour or so.

I shall spin some more of the sock yarn before lunch. I think I'll set myself a task to do a little each day. When I get home, and get to my dpn's, i'll start knitting them. I would love to start today, but I cannot justify buying more needles just to stary a day earlier. I'll show you pics when I get home as well.

No comments: