Saturday, May 12, 2007

carrying a river over a river

Sometimes in life, the utter absurdity of something hits you all at once. The moment when I got a tv camera pointed in my face while i was carrying the knitted river alongside the Thames was one of those moments and I got the giggles, which didn't impress the person holding the camera much, which of course, amused me even more.

These are my highlights of the march through London, which ended up with me, the camera phobic being photographed repeatedly outside the doors of 10 Downing Street. Now considering I could still breathe, I figure I got over a lot of the camera phobia today.

Kids had a great day. I got sore feet, but I think it was well worth it.





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look at the size of that river, it's just magnificent! I really wanted to attend, but my crutches keep me from marching these days. Thanks for posting the pictures.

Lucy said...

Wow Toggle - wish I had been there!!I lived in London for 6 years before coming Downunder - very nostalgic!! Great photos - thanks!!

Batty said...

That's gorgeous! I really wish I could have been there to see it in person (and be impressed at your cracking up!).

amylin said...

Oh, my! What an impressive river.