Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Back from camp

Which was an interesting experience. Compost loos, mechanical ants and Abba round the camp fire.

I was told by everyone that when girlchild got older, camping would get easier. I never quite believed them, but they were right. I barely had to parent girlchild compared to other camps. It helped that there were a lot of girls on this one. 14 year olds who went all gooey over her being cute and a lot of 4-8 year olds she could join in and play with. I spent a lot of time hiding in the kitchen tent, helping out in there. it was a break for me and I got to do more useful stuff than before on camps.

I also dug through a load of my long term storage bags and found a fisherman's jumper in there. I think it was bought for my father on a family holiday to Guernsey when i was about 6. he's not a jumper sorta person, so I guess it was dumped on me at some point. Anyway, I took it on camp to wear round the camp fire at night and to sleep in. Woke up at 4am, I think it was an over amorous pheasant in the woods, and I'd wriggled most of the way out of my sleeping bag and was still warm. I've decided it will go to every camp with me from now on.

No comments: