Saturday, March 03, 2007

I've been spinning loads

and loads and loads.

I've gone through nearly half a kilo of Shetland, just a little more of that to go and moved on to the sale packs I ordered from knitshop.co.uk. Their stuff is not as easy to spin as the Shetland, but it was cheap and will make nice practice yarn. I've spun a load of almost laceweight red/yellow/blue silk/merino and i'm working on the wook roving, pulling the roving into chunks, then working with random chunks pulled out of the bag. No idea how that will look, i'm attempting to get it as a dk weight single that can be knit together with some white chunky mohair to make a scarf. it will probably end up in my gift box.

I've almost finished the triangle section of the v shaped scarf from Knitty's spinning secion. The rest of my Shetland will go on finishing off that. I'll need to ply though and I've decided that although I love spinning. I'm really not that fond of plying.

so lets add some pix.


that's the roving i'm working on. The colour combi should be interesting, hopefully my skill is up to making it look really nice.



My handspun in skeins. I really need to clean off that desk.




and finally, a pic of my last sp package and a thank you to the scrummy person who send it to me.

1 comment:

Batty said...

Beautiful spinning! I love the colors of your fiber. And that SP package looks scrumptious too.