Saturday, March 10, 2007

feeling better

Feeling better this morning. I went to bed at 9pm last night and didn't wake up until 8am. An almost unheard of level of early night for me, but I guess i really needed the extra sleep.

Good thing I woke up early. I've got a garage sale to go to in about an hour. Some of the local japanese people do big, multi family ones to sell off stuff before they go back to japan. Very good places to pick up fantastic kid's clothes and toys and kitchen stuff. I've picked up occasional bits of crafty stuff from them as well, although nothing like the bin bags of yarn that some American garage sale enthusiasts report picking up.

I've got a busy day head though, so I'm glad I got the sleep. This sale this morning, gardening afterwards, finish knitting a toy by 2.30 for my son to take as a gift for a friend's party and bramble clearing on the allotment while he's at the party.

At some point, I've got to clear the kitchen and clean it properly, because dispite so many promices, the other half just hasn't bothered. Think he's fallen into the sale line as some of the friends, stitches out, she can do everything now. It s a man thing I think, they just don't see dirt until they are up to their neck in it.

I don't know if I'll get half of that lot done, but i'm going to hobble out of the house in a few minutes to run up to the cash machine so we can do this sale. I expect to be able to sit down again and rest when it's dark. Another early night will be in order after this. I think.

No comments: