Saturday, December 30, 2006

and all is right with the world......

There is, in my opinion, absolutely nothing that makes a home feel more like a home than the presence of a contented cat. However, cats can on occasion be quite hard to keep content. hence my decision to knit my dear feline friends a cat bed.

The pattern I started with is kitty pi from wendyknits. I decided to use some of the feltable wool I got in a swap from a lovely knitty poster. So I swatched, felted that and began to knit.

Black on it's own can get a little tedious, so to the edge, I added some purple diamonds using a fair isle technique, this first bed was going to be for she-cat. However, I think I got my stranding a little too tight, either that, or there is something about felting colour stranded knitting that no one has told me yet.

So my kitty pi turned out to look a little bit more like a kitty splodge on the floor. I left it on the floor under my desk and it has been taken over by he-cat as a regular day bed. He's in there now, curled up.

So the cat is sleeping contentedly and all is right with the world.

2 comments:

roxy =^o^= said...

Caaaaaaaaat!

Nice kitty pi ;)


Happy New Year!

Toggle said...

Thanks, and same to you roxy