Thursday, December 28, 2006

Miss Minty Eggnog Breath

What a wonderfull supprise to arrrive through my door this morning. A scarf made out of what i think is the world's softest yarn, a hank of that yarn and a nice card. Just the thing to cheer me up and start to kill those post holiday blues.

The yarn is Plymouth baby alpacca and it is truly scrummy. While I've heard nice things about the softness of baby alpacca, I really wasn't prepared for quite how scrummy this stuff is. It feels like swimming through clouds, or floating in the sea off a tropical beach, or a baby's skin. As you can gather, I'm quite impressed with this stuff. I only hope it's as nice to knit with as it is to fondle. However, I definately have to work it out so it goes well with the scarf she made for me.

Right now, I'm thinking of an earflap hat, something like the nelly hats from the Rowan Little Book of Big Accessories. It's got to be really scrummy and warm and I know it will feel great against my skin.

So now I have to thank my mystery benefactor. A search on the Knittyboard reveals it to be the scrummy and truly lovelly Polarg. I can't say that I'm particularly supprised. She was my upstream in SP6 and the stuff she sent me was so lovelly and thoughtful.

So thankyou very, very much to Polarg.

No comments: