Tuesday, June 19, 2007

WIP along progerss

finished: happy socks from magknits
giant knit rug

cast on: girlchild wrap


finished:handspun scarf
girlchild wrap

cast on: a lace something when my book on order arrives.


I've ordered Victorian Lace Today. I don't normally order books I haven't seen in person, but after seeing several of the projects from this, I decided I loved enough of them to make buying a book worthwhile.

Plan is for my next cast on to be something from that. I need to finish plying the handspun Shetland laceweight that's sitting on multiple loo rolls on my desk. Then measure it and determine what I've got the yarn to knit, and yes, it is actually spindle spun laceweight. No pix, because pix of plain dark brown yarn wrapped round a tube is pretty boring, but I reckon I'm in there calling it laceweight at about 30 wraps per inch. I'll show you when I've started knitting with it.

Oh yeah, i'll have pix of the other 2 finished objects taken later to proove I'm not cheating.

1 comment:

natalie said...

I just got VLT too.
This is one of my After Woolfest purchases, but it is a real work of art.