Saturday, June 23, 2007

another FO



Crochet wristbands this time. Found in the UFO box only needing to have ends sewn in. So that done and I can call another pair of FO done and cast on something else.

My book arrived today, so I'm flicking through images of women on stunning lacely stuff wandering about stately homes. Don't think I'm going to look like that, but I do like the lace. There's a lot of simple, non fussy stuff that will suit me and be easy enough to knit when I'm not a lace expert. The main question at the moment is how many of the patterns I want to knit. So far, I'm looking seriously at at least 8 patterns and a bank loan for laceweight yarns, which aren't easy to get here.

2 comments:

Batty said...

Nice wrist warmers!

Lace is addictive. You may end up needing more than one loan to cover your expenses.

Anonymous said...

LOL! I know how you feel regarding the lace yarn! I've also just recently gotten that book and I've been seriously looking at my budget trying to figure out where I can cut down on other things so that I can get more yarn!