Tuesday, June 19, 2007

here's the pix



3 finished objects in one picture.

the background is the giant rug, knit on 18mm, 4 foot long needles.

then there's the dark brown sheep wrap, a knitty pattern. Dark brown wool doesn't really show that well in pictures, but it is a beautiful black coffee colour and I'm sure it will be very warm to wear. it's Shetland wool, so a shoulder wrap instead of a scarf that would be round my neck and against my skin was a good move I think. This is what i did with my first vaguely usable handspun, so the colour does help hide how wonky it is


The blue/green is also handspun, but without the benefit of a dark colour to hide the wonkyness. it is a nice soft warn scarf though and I'll wear it camping.

I've decided that if the book doesn't arrive today, I'll use the rest of my aran weight handspun to knit a broach for the wrap, possibly something flower shaped. If I can finish that, I'll be ready for my next cast on with the whole diet thing

No comments: