Thursday, April 03, 2008

day off from sockknitting

I think I will scream if i don't take the occasional day off socks. So today is the day. I'm rug knitting instead, sitting up, with a nice warm cat on my feet and nearly 2 foot of the rug done. Considering this is supposed to be the project for the whole of April and use up over 3 miles of yarn, having completed nearly a third of it is looking good.

I wrote an article for downsizer as well as the knitting pattern today. This is the most formal writing I've done in a day since I last tried to write an essay. i'm feeling quite pleased with myself for this and for seemingly not completely messing up with the seedlings this year.

I've had a fair few disasters trying to grow herbs at home on windowsills from seed and this was very disheartening. Now I'm trying to grow veggies from seed to actually produce a reasonable amount of food and I keep remembering my earlier failures and worrying. Seeing stuff sprouting and then starting to set leaves really makes me feel a lot more relaxed about the whole thing.

No comments: