Thursday, April 17, 2008

been away a while



Needed a bit of a break from writing stuff for a while. That dosen't mean I haven't been knitting though, and i'm learning more about crochet.

What you see above is a 3.5 foot diameter baby blanket, it's nice and thick and soft, so I think will make a great blanket for baby to lie on the floor or the grass. Took a few days to complete, but not bad for a near beginner, especially since ti's got a good 700 yards of yarn in it. I had the purple left over from making a blanket for the she-demon a couple of years ago, and the white is the same yarn, one of sirdar's cotton/wool/acrylic blends, so sticking them together to make a nice baby blanket seemed a great idea

I'll add some pictures of some of the other sutff I've een doing recently as well later, dishcloths, baby cardie, a knitted baby blanket. need to hit the WIP pile and finish some stuff there as well.

No comments: