Wednesday, March 12, 2008

day 1: first baby sock





I had a thought, I want to knit more socks and kid's socks don't really take that long. So lets see how long I can keep up knitting a sock every day for without going mad, running out of yarn (I'm on a yarn diet, swaps only) or deciding i never want to see a sock, ever again.

This is some vintage 3 ply knitting up into a basic top down sock, 2.5mm needles, 32 stitch cast on. I'm sure you can work out the rest.

Iit's not as tight a fabric as I would want on an adult sock, but it's for someone that won't be walking, foot is about 3 and a half inches long. Without the high level of wear, socks don't need to be knitted so tightly. Therefore i see no need to strain my hands and my eyes and use even smaller needles that I'm scared of snapping.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awww... cute iddle widdle sock for baby sized foot!