Saturday, January 03, 2009

happy new year

Time to share a few more photos with you. I took this in Truro this afternoon on my way to take the kids in to see their father. It's for a competition in a few weeks, theme is 'derelict'

It just caught my eye as an interesting subject. I think the photo may be too dark, and I think i could get a better angle as well. It's near the park where I go take the children to play quite often, so I may try to go back there and get a picture in better light.



There is some knitting content as well. Here is a scarf I made that can sit and wait until I decide what to do with it. It may go to baby when she's a little older, or it may wait until it becomes a gift. I like to keep a few little child size somethings waiting for those moments when i get told someone's child is 3 today.


baby socks from an orphan ball of regia 6-ply silk that I bought for about 1.50. Since they suggest 3 balls for adult socks, this was being sold off as fairly useless to most people, so I snapped it up for fancy baby socks. You can see a great view of those amazingly fat thighs. Not a patch on her sisters at that age though.


And a better view of the little sweetheart. Not my best ever photo, but shows off how pretty she is. I need to start playing with a photoshop clone and get rid of that redeye

1 comment:

Batty said...

How can you not love pictures of baby feet with knitting on them? It has got to be the best thing ever.

I actually really like the boat picture as is. The darkness accentuates the falling-to-bits hopelessness and bleakness of the whole thing.